Construction Maintenance-Part Time
We are currently seeking a part-time (approx. 24 hrs per week) Construction Maintenance worker to support our busy Maintenance Department and to maintain and upkeep our agency properties.
We are seeking a candidate will well-rounded experience with exterior and interior facility operations including experience in all areas of basic maintenance, including minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic construction and home repair. Previous grounds keeping and/or landscaping experience is preferred, but not required.
Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and anticipate project needs
- Receive and follow maintenance instructions from Maintenance Coordinator and submit complete and accurate paperwork.
- Perform routine tasks including but not limited to home repair, light construction, and repairing fixtures, floors, walls, etc.
- Perform snow removal tasks during inclement weather.
- Work with coordinator to obtain estimates for contracted work and follow all agency policy in regards to vendors and contractors.
- Possess the ability to independently identify problems and issues in and around agency properties and effectively manage the completion of projects to fix the identified problems.
The successful candidate will be reliable, punctual, and possess great communication skills. Must have the ability to work well in a team atmosphere as well as work independently.
Minimum 5 years professional experience with carpentry, plumbing, electrical and basic construction.
Must have at minimum at HS Diploma or GED.
Must be 18 years of age.
Must have a valid NJ Driver's License with no more than 5 points.
Must have the ability to successfully complete a full background investigation including a physical, drug screening and fingerprinting.
We proudly offer supplemental benefits package to all part time employees including sick time, paid time off, as well as Aflac and other benefit opportunities.